Now your STAAR® program can be stronger than ever!
ALL-NEW STAAR MASTER® Companion Student Work Texts – Repeated test practice in a themed lesson/unit format that incorporates a new, “mixed-practice” approach to cover the entire learning process.
Highlights of Companion Work Texts for Reading:
- Authentic reading passages reflect the kinds of selections students might encounter on the actual STAAR®
- Texts are appropriate for grade level (based on several readability formulas)
- Questions and activities focus on the STAAR-eligible reading TEKS
- Questions and activities labeled for easy identification of the TEKS-based standard and expectation
- Questions and activities labeled with complexity level (L = Low, M = Moderate, H = High)
- Material arranged in lessons (or units)
- Separate activities provided for prereading, vocabulary, passage summary, practice, reading strategies, and post-reading
- Web-based reading extension provided at the end of each lesson
Highlights of Companion Work Texts for Math:
- Introductory pages present each new topic or skill
- Numerous examples provide clear, concise explanations for new topics or skills
- Questions and activities focus on the STAAR®-eligible mathematics TEKS
- Activities labeled for easy identification of the TEKS-based standard and expectation
- Activities labeled with complexity level (L = Low, M = Moderate, H = High)
- Questions and prompts encourage peer interaction, discussion of learning tasks, and different problem-solving methods
- Open-ended and extended-response tasks require students to do more than “find the right answer”
- Clear emphasis on the use of precise mathematical vocabulary
When paired with our STAAR MASTER Student Practice Books, your classrooms will be fully prepared to achieve STAAR success!